Uses for Recycled Rubber
With the Plant now under full operation, producing crumbed rubber, we have several trials currently underway in hopes to secure customers for the full amount of recycled rubber produced. In 2015 The Mackay Regional Council approved to do trials of powdered rubber in the bitumen for use on the roads which was contracted to local business Rock n Road Bitumen. The trials were done before Christmas 2015 on St Helens Road and appear to be holding up well, as well as helping reducing road noise. We believe use of crumbed rubber in road surfaces will be where a majority of our crumbed rubber goes, though we are currently in negotiations with multiple organisations interested in our crumbed rubber to produce other products, e.g.
- Road Surfaces – Recycled rubber use in roads enhances performance, reduces road noise and increases the life of our roads.
- Playground Surfaces – Recycled rubber use in softfall surfaces lowers the force of fall impact and reduces injuries, this is why it is common practise to use in children’s playgrounds.
- Rubber Ramps – Recycled rubber use in ramps to reduces the risk of trips or falls because they are non-slip.
- Rubber Mulch – Recycled rubber can be used in gardening as mulch.
- Sporting Surfaces – Recycled rubber is used under synthetic grass to absorb impact, increase softness and reduce injuries.
- Athletic Tracks – Recycled rubber is used in athletic tracks to absorb impact, increase performance and reduce injuries.
- Equestrian – Recycled rubber can be used in the area of equestrian events to increase comfort for horse and rider and to reduce injuries for horse and rider.
- Matting Surfaces – Recycled rubber is used in multiple matting surfaces to make them non-slip, hard wearing, easy to wash and to ensure they don’t rot.
- Building Insulation – Recycled rubber can be used in building